How is your organization putting efforts to know your customers in digital age?
When Pokémon go was launched, do you remember how many crazy people were randomly walking on the road, searching for poke balls and Pokémons at the public place which created a record of 500 million users in just 2 months.
This Augmented Reality inspired game not only tickled everyone’s senses but showed the world what future has in store.
This is the kind of user experience we are dealing with today.
User experience (UX) is use of Design Thinking or practices to make software, a website, a mobile app or business application more ergonomic, accessible, intuitive and pleasant to use.
Users expect more today. In their personal lives, they’re used to having easy-to-learn, easy-to-use, and fun technologies at their fingertips.
In our daily life, we interact with digital assistants for reminders, finding restaurants and doing whole lot of stuff with Siri, Google Now because it is much easier, faster. We may not exactly be getting more technically proficient, but we have become more comfortable using our phones and tablets to download music, find the nearest movie theater or pay for any purchases
Digital Transformation starts with Customer in mind. A top-notch user experience is a fantastic way to keep customers involved and engaged with your brand in this digital age. It is the key element to make difference with your competitors and get an edge.
For digital transformation to be successful, businesses are growing increasingly aware of the necessity to be more user-centric, be it their employees for internal systems or their customers for external-facing interfaces.
We are living in a century where technology dominates lifestyle;Digital Transformation with Big Data, IoT, Artificial Intelligence(AI) are such examples.
Over the past six months, Chatbots have dominated much of the tech conversation, the next big gold rush in the field of online marketing.
Chatbots are built to mimic human interaction, making them seem like an actual individual existing digitally. It could live in any major chat product (Facebook Messenger, Slack, Telegram, Text Messages, etc.), powered by basic rules engine or NLP and AI.
Chatbots have helped in conversation commerce in real time such as booking a cab or ordering a bouquet of flowers or pizza. Consumers will benefit from chatbots through personalization, and this is where social media plays a big part.
KLM has a customer service bot that's able to check your flight status and let you know if it's been delayed.
Interacting with software at a human level is becoming more mainstream from digital assistants like Google Home, Google Now, Apple Siri.
- Freemium model : Basic products/services are provided free but users are charged for advance features. E.g. Coursera, LinkedIn, Spotify, Dropbox, Skype
- Pay as you go or Subscription Model : Pay only for services which are used. E.g. Netflix, Kindle, New York Times, Safari Books online
- Customer experience model : provide the customer experience never before e.g. Tesla, Disney Land, Apple
- On-Demand model : provide customer service on demand with speed. E.g. Uber, cloud services from Amazon, Microsoft
- Marketplace model : provide a platform for buyer and seller interact with each other directly e.g. ebay, Alibaba
- Free model : provide the typical services to users free and sell their behavior data to different businesses e.g. Google, Facebook, Patientslikeme
- Crowd-sourcing model : receive money for engaging crowd for common goal, innovation, problem solving. E.g. Kaggle, CrowdAnalytix
- Bundling model : selling similar products or services together. E.g. Microsoft Office
- Gamification model : use of game like feature to simplify the interaction. E.g Mint.com, Khan Academy, Nike +
Was this all available to us 20 years before? Ali Baba’s “Open Sesame” was a story of childhood, but Digital Transformation is reality – and from now on nothing will be same again.
In the recent Cricket world cup, every team had its own team of Data Analysts. They used various technologies like Cloud Platform and visualizations to predict scores, player performance, player profiles and more. Around 40 years’ worth of Cricket World Cup data is being mined to produce insights that enhances the viewer's experience.
- What would be the most profitable food served at the concession stand?
- What would be the best prices to sell game day tickets?
- Determine which player on the team is the most productive?
- Which players in the draft will become all-stars, and which ones will be considered role players?
- Understand the fans behavior at the stadium via their app and push relevant information accordingly.
- Very small, targeted in scope and functionality
- Gives developers the freedom to independently develop and deploy services
- Loosely coupled & can communicate with other services on industry wide standards like HTTP and JSON
- API based connectivity
- Every service can be coded in different programming language
- Easily deployable and disposable makes releases possible even multiple times a day
- New Digital technology can be easily adopted for a service
- Allows to change services as required by business, without a massive cost
- Testing and releases easier for individual components
- Better fault tolerance and scale up
- Incur a cost of the testing at system integration level
- Need to configure monitoring and alerting and similar services for each microservice
- Service calls to one another, so tracing the path and debugging can be difficult
- Each service communicates through API/remote calls, which have more overhead
- Each service generates a log, so there is no central log monitoring.
Now is the time to move beyond just collecting, storing & managing the data to take rapid actions on the continuous streaming data – Real-Time!!
- Digital makes customer self-service easy.
- Digitally engaged customers trust their utilities.
- Customer care, provided through digital technology, offers utilities both cost-to-serve efficiencies and improved customer intimacy.
- Digital technology brings the capability to provide more accurate billing and payment processing, as well as faster response times for changing addresses and bills, removing and adding services, and many other functions
- Using Mobile as a primary customer engagement channel for tips and alerts
- Predictive maintenance with outage maps and real time alerts to service engineer helps reduce the downtime and costs
- Smart meters allows utilities organizations to inform their customers about the energy consumption, tailor products and services to their customers while achieving significant operational efficiencies at the same time
- Google’s Tensorflow
- Facebook open source modules for Torch
- Amazon released DSSTNE on GitHub
- Microsoft released CNTK, its open source deep learning toolkit, on GitHub
Today we see lot of examples of Deep learning around:
- Google Translate is using deep learning and image recognition to translate not only voice but written languages as well.
- With CamFind app, simply take a picture of any object and it uses mobile visual search technology to tell you what it is. It provides fast, accurate results with no typing necessary. Snap a picture, learn more. That’s it.
- All digital assistants like Siri, Cortana, Alexa & Google Now are using deep learning for natural language processing and speech recognition
- Amazon, Netflix & Spotify are using recommendation engines using deep learning for next best offer, movies and music
- Google PlaNet can look at the photo and tell where it was taken
- DCGAN is used for enhancing and completing the human faces
- DeepStereo: Turns images from Street View into a 3D space that shows unseen views from different angles by figuring out the depth and color of each pixel
- DeepMind’s WaveNet is able to generate speech which mimics any human voice that sounds more natural than the best existing Text-to-Speech systems
- Paypal is using H2O based deep learning to prevent fraud in payments
- We had our family photos pined on the board,
- Our contacts were written by our hands and arranged in alphabetical order for easy retrieval,
- For calling anyone we used to have one black dialing phone at the end of the hall
- Most of the time outside dialing was allowed to only select few privileged seniors,
- We used yellow post-it stickers to put our thoughts on the bulletin board,
- Any software delivery to customer was copied on the 8 inch floppy disk and shipped across continents to be hand delivered.
You might think that once a sale has been made, or an email subscription confirmed, that your job is done. You’ve made the virtual handshake, you can have a well-earned coffee and sit down now right? Wrong! (You knew we were…Continue
Anyone who has ever had to justify social media spend will appreciate that it feels good to have figures to cling to. We know that a lot of the value is relatively intangible – it’s about sentiment, awareness, relationship…Continue
Snapchat is, relatively speaking, one of the newbies on the social media block. First launched in 2011, it started with a less than desirable reputation. “Is that the one that people use to send dirty pictures when they’re…Continue
When you think of social channels like Facebook, what do you picture? Is it people over sharing feelings and pictures of their children? Do you imagine it to be chock full of personal complaints, boasts and holiday snaps?…Continue
Just hit the big red "block now" button and say goodbye to robocalls, telemarketer calls, solicitor calls, elections calls, junk faxes or anyone else you'd prefer not to hear from. This small and discreet gadget can also block international and…Continue
The big reveal this week in the world of updates was Android O, which gives us a glimpse of the next generation of Google’s operating system. But for so many owners, all they want is their taste of Nougat.
A lucky few are getting that this…Continue
If Apple’s shiny new red iPhone 7 caught your eye on Tuesday when it was first…Continue
With this cable, Anker boasts reinforced stress points with a 10000+ bend lifespan, double-braided nylon exterior and toughened aramid fiber core, laser-welded connectors and a worry-free 18-month warranty. The micro-USB cord is a generous 6 feet…Continue