Recent events have highlighted the growing need for enhanced cybersecurity.
- Newborn babies are given wristbands, allowing a wireless network to locate them at any time.
- They have installed wireless sensors in refrigerators, freezers and laboratories to ensure that blood samples, medications and other materials are kept at the proper temperatures.
- Hospital has more than 600 infusion pumps which are IoT enabled. BMC staff members can now dispense and change medications automatically through the wireless network, rather than having to physically touch each pump to load it up or make changes.
- Data security & lack of standard security policy
- Hospital’s internal system integration with IoT data
- Further changes and improvements in IoT hardware
Only then we will be able to know that AI is helping us like Iron Man's Jarvis or planning to eradicate us like Terminator!!
Analytics has taken world by storm & It it the powerhouse for all the digital transformation happening in every industry.
How is your organization putting efforts to know your customers in digital age?
When Pokémon go was launched, do you remember how many crazy people were randomly walking on the road, searching for poke balls and Pokémons at the public place which created a record of 500 million users in just 2 months.
This Augmented Reality inspired game not only tickled everyone’s senses but showed the world what future has in store.
This is the kind of user experience we are dealing with today.
User experience (UX) is use of Design Thinking or practices to make software, a website, a mobile app or business application more ergonomic, accessible, intuitive and pleasant to use.
Users expect more today. In their personal lives, they’re used to having easy-to-learn, easy-to-use, and fun technologies at their fingertips.
In our daily life, we interact with digital assistants for reminders, finding restaurants and doing whole lot of stuff with Siri, Google Now because it is much easier, faster. We may not exactly be getting more technically proficient, but we have become more comfortable using our phones and tablets to download music, find the nearest movie theater or pay for any purchases
Digital Transformation starts with Customer in mind. A top-notch user experience is a fantastic way to keep customers involved and engaged with your brand in this digital age. It is the key element to make difference with your competitors and get an edge.
For digital transformation to be successful, businesses are growing increasingly aware of the necessity to be more user-centric, be it their employees for internal systems or their customers for external-facing interfaces.
We are living in a century where technology dominates lifestyle;Digital Transformation with Big Data, IoT, Artificial Intelligence(AI) are such examples.
Over the past six months, Chatbots have dominated much of the tech conversation, the next big gold rush in the field of online marketing.
Chatbots are built to mimic human interaction, making them seem like an actual individual existing digitally. It could live in any major chat product (Facebook Messenger, Slack, Telegram, Text Messages, etc.), powered by basic rules engine or NLP and AI.
Chatbots have helped in conversation commerce in real time such as booking a cab or ordering a bouquet of flowers or pizza. Consumers will benefit from chatbots through personalization, and this is where social media plays a big part.
KLM has a customer service bot that's able to check your flight status and let you know if it's been delayed.
Interacting with software at a human level is becoming more mainstream from digital assistants like Google Home, Google Now, Apple Siri.
- Freemium model : Basic products/services are provided free but users are charged for advance features. E.g. Coursera, LinkedIn, Spotify, Dropbox, Skype
- Pay as you go or Subscription Model : Pay only for services which are used. E.g. Netflix, Kindle, New York Times, Safari Books online
- Customer experience model : provide the customer experience never before e.g. Tesla, Disney Land, Apple
- On-Demand model : provide customer service on demand with speed. E.g. Uber, cloud services from Amazon, Microsoft
- Marketplace model : provide a platform for buyer and seller interact with each other directly e.g. ebay, Alibaba
- Free model : provide the typical services to users free and sell their behavior data to different businesses e.g. Google, Facebook, Patientslikeme
- Crowd-sourcing model : receive money for engaging crowd for common goal, innovation, problem solving. E.g. Kaggle, CrowdAnalytix
- Bundling model : selling similar products or services together. E.g. Microsoft Office
- Gamification model : use of game like feature to simplify the interaction. E.g Mint.com, Khan Academy, Nike +
Was this all available to us 20 years before? Ali Baba’s “Open Sesame” was a story of childhood, but Digital Transformation is reality – and from now on nothing will be same again.