Studies believe that in 2020, the number of IoT devices will cross the 50 billion mark. If the general notion of technology’s continued evolution wasn’t enough to demonstrate just how advanced human existence has become, that figure is sufficient to convince most people. And the fact that companies across the globe have become heavily dependent on such technology further serves to demonstrate that technology continues to play a vital role in shaping various aspects of the business world. This notion extends to the concept of web development as well, where a plethora of novel technologies, especially IoT, are being used to offer increasingly exquisite experiences. But even as IoT is helping companies take their web development projects to the next level, there’s another resource that offers scope to take things up a notch or two: PHP. Why PHP? Well, because it is among the most preferred tools in the world to assist in web development endeavors. Put 2 and 2 together, and what you get is a whole new world of previously unexplored opportunities.
Let’s take a look at how that can be achieved.
- PHP: A server-side scripting language, PHP has long facilitated the development of various web-based offerings, including websites, apps, and more. It is always in sync with the latest developments in the world of technology makes it a highly resourceful tool for ensuring that web apps and websites can keep up with the times. Yet another reason that makes it such a crowd favorite is that it can be used with a variety of modern database management systems, such as MySQL, Oracle, and Postgres, among others.
- IoT: Internet of Things is much more than just wearable devices like smartwatches. It encompasses a wide variety of products and devices, including cars, smartphones, laptops, and, now, even household appliances. All these devices are connected to the internet and transfer data, which is then analyzed to serve distinctive purposes. Say, it can be used to identify patterns, derive insights, and more.
- PHP + IoT: As it is clear to see, individually, both PHP and IoT have a lot to offer. But one can’t merely integrate them. There is a method — one that needs both specific hardware as well as software. Here are some recommendations for what you will need.
- Hardware: The market has plenty of options to offer in this regard. But let’s focus on the most critical bit, i.e., the hardware platforms. The basics include sensors, appropriate electronic parts, Arduino, Onion IoT, and more.
- Software: To take care of the programming part of your endeavor, some of the essential recommendations include Firmata. It is a reliable tool to help you with the project with Arduino.
Despite the value IoT offers and its projected growth trajectory, folks around the world are still finding their way around it. And if you find yourself needing such assistance too, the best thing we can recommend is getting in touch with a trusted PHP software development company that can give you the necessary guidance.