This is an interesting resource for data scientists, especially for those contemplating a career move to IoT (Internet of things). Many of these modern, sensor-based data sets collected via Internet protocols and various apps and devices, are related to energy, urban planning, healthcare, engineering, weather, and transportation sectors.
Sensor data sets repositories
- Linked Sensor Data (Kno.e.sis) - Datasets for sensors and sensor observations, created at Kno.e.sis Center, and converted from weather data at Mesowest. Contains descriptions of 20 thousand weather stations and 160 million observations.
- Gas Sensor Array Drift Dataset Data Set
- Trajectory data collected from mobile GPS (Microsoft)
- Trajectory data collected from many taxis (Microsoft)
- Sensor data sets on Quora
- From MIT
- UCI Machine Learning Repository
- University of Edimburgh
- Smartsantander.eu (check out this link too)
- Japan Traffic Flow: cargo/passengers Flow
- Arab Academy for Science, Technology & Maritime Transport
Originally posted on Data Science Central