adopt the ones which makes more sense to your business.
We have now entered an era with a new virtual revolution, particularly, the Internet of things (IoT). The virtual revolution marks the starting of information age. We use the Internet almost every day. The net has turned out to be one of established ways for us to work together, to share our lives with others, to shop, to teach, to research, and to learn. However the next wave of the Internet isn't about people. it's far about things, honestly?
All about IoT
IoT is defined as the network of physical objects that can be accessed through the Internet. These objects contain embedded various technology to interact with internal states or the external environment.
IoT is characterized as "the figuring frameworks of sensors and actuators associated by systems, where the processing frameworks can screen or deal with the status and actions of connected objects and machines, and the connected sensors can likewise screen the characteristic world, individuals, and creatures." The center of IoT is not just about interfacing things to the Internet. It is about how to generate and use the big data from the things to make new values for individuals, and about how we empower new trades of significant worth between them. In other words, when objects can sense and communicate, IoT has its knowledge to change how and where choices are made, and who makes them, and to pick up a superior esteem, solution or service.
Fundamental to the estimation of IoT is in actuality the Internet of smart things (smart IoT). Supported by intelligent optimization, smart IoT can increase productivity of work and enhance quality of lives for people. Let us take “cities” — the engines of global economic growth — as an example. Smart cities have the potential to dramatically improve the lives of everyone. In intelligent transportation systems (ITS), smart IoT can not only monitor the status of the transportation, but also optimize traffic signal controls to solve traffic congestion and provide the travelers with better routes and appropriate transportation information, etc. Combining IoT and machine learning (ML) can also make our roads safer. Profits by smart IoT have been shown also in health-care, logistics, environment, smart home, in the aspects of better quality, energy conservation, efficiency increase, and so on.
Smart IoT remains in its infancy now in terms of the technology development and the effect on our global economy system and our daily lives. Maximum IoT statistics aren't used presently within the era of big data. Maximum IoT has no intelligence inside the generation of artificial intelligence (AI). IoT which might be used these days are on the whole for anomaly detection and control, as opposed to optimization and prediction. Given the brilliant anticipated increase of the Internet over the following 10 years, it is considered one of vital challenges and possibilities for us to invent and practice in real-global programs on a way to make the IoT smarter to generate the greatest value.
In the recent Cricket world cup, every team had its own team of Data Analysts. They used various technologies like Cloud Platform and visualizations to predict scores, player performance, player profiles and more. Around 40 years’ worth of Cricket World Cup data is being mined to produce insights that enhances the viewer's experience.
- What would be the most profitable food served at the concession stand?
- What would be the best prices to sell game day tickets?
- Determine which player on the team is the most productive?
- Which players in the draft will become all-stars, and which ones will be considered role players?
- Understand the fans behavior at the stadium via their app and push relevant information accordingly.
The potential of big data just keeps growing. For taking full advantage, companies need to incorporate analytics into their strategic objectives.
A research report from McKinsey Global Institute (MGI), suggests that the opportunity and applications continue to expand in the data-driven world.
With rapid technological transformation, the question for businesses arises on how to position themselves uniquely in the world leveraging analytics. Over 2.5 quintillion bytes of data is generated every day. As information pours in via various digital platforms, VR application, and mobile phones the need for data storage capacity has increased.
The transformational potential
The recent progress shows the potential of big data and analytics in more than five distinct domains. However, transforming to a data-driven decision-making organisation is not always simple.
The first challenge is to incorporate data and analytics along with business objectives into a core strategic vision. Secondly, the lack of talent in the adoption of analytics. New reports denote that despite training programs, the talent is not enough to match the demand. The next step is to develop the right business process and framework which includes data infrastructure.
Simply combining technology systems along with the existing business operations isn't enough. For ensuring a successful transformation, all aspects of business activity need to be evaluated and combined to realize the full potential of data analytics.
Incorporating data analytics
The next generation of analytic tools will unleash even bigger opportunities. With new machine-learning, deep-learning and artificial-intelligence capabilities, an enormous variety of applications can be enabled which provide customer service, manage logistics and analyze data.
Technology and productivity gains seem an advantage, but also carry the risk of people losing jobs. A case of automation is the AI software developed by Bridgewater Associates, the world's largest hedge fund to improve efficiency.
With Data and analytics shaking up every industry, the effects will only become more noticeable as adoption reaches the masses.
As machines gain unprecedented capabilities to solve complex problems, organizations can harness these capabilities to create their unique value proposition and solve problems.
Now is the time to move beyond just collecting, storing & managing the data to take rapid actions on the continuous streaming data – Real-Time!!
- Digital makes customer self-service easy.
- Digitally engaged customers trust their utilities.
- Customer care, provided through digital technology, offers utilities both cost-to-serve efficiencies and improved customer intimacy.
- Digital technology brings the capability to provide more accurate billing and payment processing, as well as faster response times for changing addresses and bills, removing and adding services, and many other functions
- Using Mobile as a primary customer engagement channel for tips and alerts
- Predictive maintenance with outage maps and real time alerts to service engineer helps reduce the downtime and costs
- Smart meters allows utilities organizations to inform their customers about the energy consumption, tailor products and services to their customers while achieving significant operational efficiencies at the same time
- Minimize maintenance costs - Don’t waste money through over-cautious time bound maintenance. Only repair equipment when repairs are actually needed.
- Reduce unplanned downtime - Implement predictive maintenance to predict future equipment malfunctioning and failures and minimize the risk for unplanned disasters putting your business at risk.
- Root cause analysis - Find causes for equipment malfunctions and work with suppliers to switch-off reasons for high failure rates. Increase return on your assets.
- Efficient labor planning — no time wasted replacing/fixing equipment that doesn’t need it
- Avoid warranty cost for failure recovery – thousands of recalls in case of automakers while production loss in assembly line
TrainItalia has invested 50M euros in Internet of Things project which expects to cut maintenance costs by up to 130M euros to increase train availability and customer satisfaction.
- Identity: name, location, gender, age and other demographic data
- Relationships: their influence, connections, associations with others
- Current activity: orders, complaints, deliveries, returns
- History: contacts, campaigns, processes, cases across all lines of business and channels
- Value: which products or services they are associated with, including history
- Flags: prompts to give context, e.g. churn propensity, up-sell options, fraud risk, mood of last interactions, complaint record, frequency of contact
- Actions: expected, likely or essential steps based on who they are and the fact they are calling now
- All customer touch point data in a single repository for fast queries
- Next best actions or recommendations for customers
- All key metrics in a single location for business users to know and advise customers
- Intuitive and customizable dashboards for quick insights
- Real time hyper personalized customer interaction
- Enhanced customer loyalty
Customer 360º helps achieve Single View of Customer across Channels – online, stores, marketplaces, Devices – wearables, mobile, tablets, laptops & Interactions – purchase, posts, likes, feedback, service.
By now I'm sure you're familiar with…Continue
Pico Pro is an automated craft brewery that brews fresh craft beer using recipes from award-winning breweries. Brew any style of beer you desire – from IPAs to session ales to stouts to porters – starting with just the press of a button. Your…Continue