The IoT Trends and Situations study was conducted by Autodesk and Taxal over the course of 2016. Its objective was to study manufacturers’ situation, trends, enablers and inhibitors in areas of IoT. The study consisted of in-depth, one-on-one phone interviews with over 280 companies across a range of industrial markets and geographies. The study was designed to capture both statistically relevant information as well as qualitative and subjective feedback with over 85% of those interviewed being company executives and managers.
- 56% of companies are currently active in IoT projects, and
- 78% will be in the next 3 years
- 50% of companies believe that IoT helps them to differentiate their offerings, and
- 58% feel that it helps them better compete with others in their markets
- 52% believe that IoT will allow them to develop new services, and
- 49% see IoT as a technology that helps improve the uptime of their products