Experts believe that smart parking management systems aid you in generating more income. Let's find out!
It doesn't take rocket science to understand why consumers avoid brick and mortar shopping at all these days. Understand, parking issues have been a sole reason for people to avoid going to shopping malls.
As customer behaviour changes, shopping centres have come under immense pressure to find car parking problems in their shopping malls. Every effort is made to improve and enhance the traditional shopping experience, ultimately driving the revenue.
Every minute a customer spends looking for parking is one less minute they have to shop.
So let's get into why experts believe that the smart parking management system will cater best to your needs.
Smart Parking Booking System: The Need of an Hour
What does a smart parking management system mean?
A smart parking management system using IoT is simply a that incorporates IoT technologies. Technologies such as sensing devices identify which parking area is empty, and often these give you a real-time parking map.
What Are the Issues Faced by the Customers While Parking Their Vehicles?
- Saturated Parking Spaces- The most significant problem today is the number of vehicles is rising, and the parking space remains the same. Thus, resulting in clogging.
- Overpaying- Sometimes, drivers/ customers are unaware of the duration they will stay at a particular place. Therefore, they sometimes overpay the parking charges.
- Environmental Impacts - Parking lots accumulate a lot of pollutants that do not get absorbed and hence flushed into the water bodies during rain.
- On-street or Off-street parking- The customer does not get sufficient space in the mall's parking lot or their destined location. These again cause heavy traffic jams.
- Insufficient use of existing parking space- People are always in a hurry, and thus they do sometimes lack patience. At times, they do not park properly. As a result, there is insufficient space for other vehicles to park.
So How Does a Smart Parking Management System Aid You?
The smart parking system with IoT works like a boon for your parking system. The problems in parking seem to be resolved with these parking problems. Here are the benefits of a smart parking management system.
- Won't it be great for customers to find a parking spot before they leave their house? Well, parking systems using IoTprovide you with these benefits. They can check and also book their parking lot before leaving their home.
- Once a customer enters the parking space, they are easily navigated to their allotted parking spot.
- The reduction in traffic, as the driver is clear about the designated location.
- One can get data to tell them the forecasted peak times and give frequent reports about the current situation.
- Stop paying extra dues; with smart parking, one can pay real-time payments and electronic payments, making a seamless experience.
As a result, this increases the value of customers' shopping trips. Moreover, their productivity also increases while maximizing their shopping experience and lowering their fuel cost.
Features of Smart Parking System
If you have thought of integrating a smart parking system into your enterprise, it's vital to update yourself with the necessary features to enhance the experience.
- In-door Navigation
- Wallet Management
- Live Reports
- Automated Pass Management
- Penalty and Violation Management
- Revenue Analysis
- Zone Management
- Booking Management
- Car Counters
- Vehicle Identification
A Glimpse of Challenges Faced During the Smart Parking Management System Project
Here is the list of problems faced through the implications of the smart parking project.
The primary issue while implementing a smart parking management system is that many sensors have to be connected to the internet to get information for a single booking slot. You need to have an array of routers, and that seems a bit troublesome.
However, all the sensors are internally connected and can work individually without being connected to the internet with the mesh connection.
So, only a specific sensor is connected to the internet, passing the information to all other sensors. It works excellent as other routers don't need an internet connection.
Secondly, what if the navigation shown to the users is inaccurate? Your customer can reach other locations, which can be a bit troublesome.
With the proper implementation of a parking control system, you can keep the hardware when there are turns, leading to fewer misleads. Also, one should use pixel by pixel to draw a path between the hardware. This works as a perfect solution that would lead to bare minimum errors.
Such minor technicalities are a boon for your automated parking management system. However, it would be best if you had experts who are well versed with these systems and can guide you perfectly for the proper implementation of the projects.
What Are the Components Used in the IoT Smart Parking System?
- A sensor is vital as it detects the presence of vehicles.
- A microcontroller that will aid you to process your data.
- A cloud platform for storing the data.
- A mobile application that would give you control over this process of smart parking.
What Does the Future Hold?
The smart parking management system has begun to accelerate its demand. With the limited land resources, smart parking seems the only viable solution.
Think for a while that it's impossible to create space for parking. Therefore, instead of thinking about making extra parking spaces, an effective technology-based solution works great for the situation.
You can optimize the spaces available at their best. One should be careful about how you will implement these solutions.
Being a leading IoT application development company, we offer the best smart parking management solutions.
Our clients trusted us, and we have never failed them or ever will. For any guidance, you can connect with our executives and clarify your doubts.
What Is the Purpose of a Smart Parking System?
In layman terms, the purpose of smart parking systems is to reduce the time and hassle caused to people while parking their vehicles.
How Many Types of Parking Are There?
There are four types of parking; these are (i) Parallel Parking, (ii) Angled Parking, (iii) Perpendicular Parking & (iv) Double Parking.
How Does a Smart Parking System Work?
Smart parking is a cost-effective and most efficient way of giving real-time information to users. The sensors installed in the pavements detect space and notify the user. Thus, one can know the availability of the parking spaces.
What Are the Advantages of a Parking Management System?
- Provides more protection.
- Easily managed.
- Easy to maintain.
- Real-time information.
- Increased footfalls
- Less pollution
- Fewer traffic issues