Innovation and creativity are synonymous with the IoT (Internet of Things) concept. Enterprises have started embracing this most talked about modern technology trend. As per the projects by leading research organization Statista, the global market size of IoT will go beyond $400 billion by 2020.
With the trend of connecting devices in the homes and offices hitting the ground running, the techniques to control them via smartphones and tablets will also gain a fast momentum. It is interesting to see the impacts of IoT on mobile application development with the rise of IoT mobile apps.
Being a fast-growing technology, IoT is influencing various industry verticals with healthcare, education, agriculture, and energy leading the list. Further, when we talk about smart projects across cities, industries, and retail in the purview of the IoT technology where mobile is the focus with IoT-enabled devices. Mobile apps effectively help promote the IoT ecosystems. They also complement
- Makes Life Easier – IoT makes the life more comfortable for both the users as well as the app developers by facilitating the interactivity of devices with the mobile app for managing a plethora of tasks. It also reduces the efforts of the app developers in developing the app while allowing them to come up with other user-friendly and creative app solutions.
- The Shift in Focus – The mobile app developers always focus on making a user-friendly interface for the apps they develop. However, with the advent of IoT, the landscape is now shifting towards the establishment of an effective integration between the smart devices, sensors, and the application.
- Increase in App Security – As the internet-enabled devices make use of the user’s data, there are chances of cybercrimes. When the smart devices pass on sensitive information, the cybercriminals can take the advantage and capture that crucial data. Therefore, if you are a company that develops mobile apps, need to take care of securing IoT apps further and them safe for the users.
- Requires Specialization – The Internet of Things is a unique concept that involves specialization to implement it properly. IoT-specific applications need additional skills, and the app developers have to learn these skills for staying competitive. It is necessary for the developers to become a specialist to grab the opportunities in the IoT technology.
- Futuristic Approach – If you are developing a contemporary mobile application, it needs to support the connected devices or IoT. Shortly, the apps not supporting the IoT will be at the risk of being thrown out of the market. IoT demands modification, and the mobile app developers need to spend more time making the apps adaptable to the smart connected devices.
Conclusion – The mobile application development domain is exciting and challenging. When it comes to focusing on a specific set of the audience or a niche market, integrate the IoT approach with an app development process to meet the client’s requirements through tailored IoT mobile app solutions.